Carramar Primary School
71 Houghton Drive, Carramar
Western Australia 6031
Phone: (08) 9405 0600
General Enquiries: Carramar.PS@education.wa.edu.au
Carramar Pre Kindy Playgroup
A playgroup is a regular and relaxed meeting for groups of young children, who haven’t yet started school, and their parents or caregivers. In a playgroup, children do organised play activities together while their parents or caregivers supervise and socialise.
Research shows attending playgroups benefit both children and their parents. The regular groups support children’s social development, ease the transition to school, and improve overall health, while also providing social and health support to parents, knowledge sharing, and learning opportunities.
We have a playgroup at our school which is run by parent volunteers and operates on a Monday morning, 9:00 am -11:00 am on the school grounds. By attending playgroup, the children safely explore and familiarize themselves with their school. We hope that throughout the year, the children will discover who they are, meet new friends and create a strong foundation to start their school journey next year.
As the playgroup runs on the school premises, there are some rules and regulations that must be followed:
- The entry fee is a gold coin donation (this is to pay for any crafts/activities put on during the playgroup sessions).
- Parents or caregivers are asked to bring water, a change of clothes, a hat and some morning tea for your child To book your spot:
- Follow the ticketing Link: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/carramar-primary-school-playgroup-tickets-337021238597?aff=eand, or alternatively, go onto Eventbrite and search Carramar Primary School
- Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1285957411472597/
- Reserve a free ticket for yourself as well as any child(ren) coming to the playgroup (non-walking babies/babies in a pram DO NOT require a ticket)
- Please note, all ticket sales will close the Friday before the playgroup, this will allow time for us to cater for any crafts/activities being put on for the following Monday’s playgroup session